Congressional Staff Study Tour, Women Deliver 2013 Conference
May 23 – June 1, 2013
Theme: Global Health Investments for Maternal Health Impact
Summary: The tour aims to educate staffers on how the Malaysian government’s health investments, particularly in maternal health, have led to sustainable, wide-spread impact throughout the country. Staffers on the tour have the unique opportunity to witness firsthand how investments in global health yield multiple impacts. The tour will include site visits to both a regional health clinic and an NGO facility outside of Kuala Lumpur, and the staffers will receive briefings and attend panels on cutting edge health strategies and results from projects around the world.
- Bring together a diverse group of staff from offices or committees directly related to global health and international affairs and/or from Member offices that are general supporters of some aspect of global health.
- Participants will gain a greater understanding of a lower middle income country health care systems
- Participants will have an opportunity to see a functioning, cost-effective, and high-quality health care system
- Participants will participate in a world-wide conference on the connection between health and women’s rights
- Participants will meet with representatives from private and corporate foundations about their goals for investments in maternal health
Primary Tour Sponsor:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE)
Global Health Council (GHC)
Population Services International (PSI)